I’ve been reading an article written about six high-growth careers that will still be in demand in the future. I thought I’d share it here just as a guide to those individuals who are still in a limbo on what career path to take. My unsolicited advice is to think ahead! Think of the future and I am not saying two, three years from now. Think way ahead so that you know when push comes to shove, you still have security of tenure when everyone else gets the cut.
Information Security Analyst
- In other words, cyberspace patrol. Every business out there has a home on the world wide web. And every home, virtual or not, needs protection, right? That’s where you come in!
Personal Financial Advisor
- Managing other people’s finances is what you will do. To invest or not to invest? What to do with a sudden windfall to make it last a lifetime? How to stretch a bonus? That’s where a person needs an advice.
Market Research Analyst
- What’s the trend in the market? What do you think the current demand is? You research and analyze it, is what your career will be.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Want a career in the medical field without the years of medical schooling? Well, this is the career for you! An ultrasound equipment will be used in helping diagnose internal problems of a patient.
Meeting, Convention and Event Planner
- Multitasking at its finest! If you are great in putting together something and still able to take care of all the little details, then this is the career for you.
- A career in the dental industry without the years spent in dental school is what this career is.
I remember choosing my career based on its longevity in the market. I know that elders preach about choosing a job that you love so you won’t have to labor over something you are not passionate about. That’s true. But we also have to take into consideration a career path that we know will be there for a long while so that we won’t find ourselves without a job when the economy takes a nosedive.